With a long line of luxury boutiques, department stores, bargain shops, cinemas, and vintage buildings, Orchard Road has something for everyone. And of course, you can’t shop without stopping for a bite or a drink or two. Over the years, Orchard Road has transformed into a foodie destination on its own. There are sprawling food courts, terrace bars, high-end restaurants, fast food chains, supermarkets and food stalls serving every imaginable cuisine. If you are heading to Orchard Road in Singapore, here’s a list of the 15 best restaurants that you cannot miss. Time to shop and feast!
|1. Hans Im Gluck|
|Phone:||+65 9750 1488|
|Location:||362 Orchard Road International Building, Singapore 238887|
|Opening Hours:||11:00 am – 02:00 am (Daily)|
Experience German hospitality and gourmet burgers at Hans Im Gluck German Burgergrill on Orchard Road in Singapore. There are a variety of delicious options,from free-range chicken and grass-fed beef burgers to unique vegan recipes and wholly vegetarian burger options.
You also have the option of enjoying your burger ‘naked’ or bun-less or wrapped in salad leaves for those on a meal plan.
- Vegan curry cauliflower patty (Senna)
- Kase et speck beef burger
- Henne chicken burger
- Kaserbor – spinach and cheese vegetarian burger
- Gift cards are available in denominations of $30, $50, and $70
- When ordering, you can request a special allergen menu card, which lists all the potential allergens and ingredients.
- Customisations of burgers are offered to customers.
|2. P.S. Cafe Palais Renaissance|
|Phone:||+65 6708 9288|
|Location:||390 Orchard Road, #02-09A, Singapore 238871|
|Opening Hours:||11:00 am to 10:00 pm|
P.S. Cafe Palais Renaissance is one of the best breakfast and lunch places on Orchard Road. What started off as a small cafe within a clothing boutique is now a multiple outlet success story. P. S. Cafe is known for its indulgent comfort food options, sophisticated drinks, and chic and stylish interiors. The cafe continues to be a favourite with locals and tourists alike.
- PS Sticky Lava Log
- Turkey Cranberry Caesar Salad
- Classic Benedict
- Truffle Shoestring Fries
- There are a range of everyday, easy to make PS Cafe recipes that you can recreate at home available on the website.
- Events such as Sunday Wine Down and Truffle Tuesday are held regularly. Check the website for updates and details.
|Phone:||+65 6884 8901|
|Location:||181 Orchard Road, #08-12 Singapore 238896|
|Opening Hours:||11:00 am – 08:30 pm (Daily)|
Ootaya at Orchard Central is the place to go to if you want home cooked Japanese food like mamma’s. This Japanese chain of restaurants is a Singapore favourite with its traditional decor, such as tatami mats and bar seats. On the menu are a variety of bento box meals, sushi and sashimi options, and rice bowls that are hearty and comforting.
- Pork ShabuShabu Hot Pot
- Marinated pork belly
- Matcha parfait
- Join the VIP card program at Ootaya and enjoy various rewards and discounts.
- Free island wide delivery is availablefor all orders over $30. Delivery stops at 06:00 pm on the weekends while last orders for delivery is 07:30 pm on weekdays.
- You can also pre-order party platters that feed up to 5 people.
- The lunch deals at Ootoya are very popular with the Orchard business crowd.
|4. Lady M|
|Phone:||65+ 6509 3673|
|Location:||181 Orchard Road, #01-27 and #02-07 Orchard Central, Singapore 238896|
|Opening Hours:||11:30 am – 10:00 pm|
There’s a special place, bang in the centre of bustling Orchard Road,that serves the best French desserts and coffees in the city. Lady M is known for its Instagram-worthy crepe cakes and artsy decor. Think multiple layers of sweet crepes sandwiched with traditional fillings such as cream or Nutella and unique combinations such as green tea or passionfruit. This Orchard cafe also serves western menu items such as pot pies, salads,and soups.
- Crepe biscuits
- Pineapple Mille Crepe cake
- Pumpkin Nuage
- Crepe cakes are notoriously delicate and should be refrigerated within an hour of being bought or consumed immediately.
- You can order a mille crepe cake for your wedding as well. To enquire contact the organisation via email or WhatsApp.
|Phone:||+65 6235 2069|
|Location:||350 Orchard Road, #01-K2 & 301-K3 Singapore 238868|
Jakob and Gabi Bar Mogensen are both trained chefs with years of experience in a number of Nordic Michelin- starred restaurants. Together they opened Leckerbaer on Orchard Road, known for its cool Scandi decor and calming vibes. The Mogensens have turned the concept of the Danish cookie on its head and offer their variation in several different exciting flavours and fillings. Other bestsellers at the cafe include intricate puffs and tarts and multi-layered dessert jars that appeal to both the eyes and the appetite.
- Lemon and Sea Buckthorn tart
- Midnight chocolate dessert jar
- Seasonal hampers
- Tarts, jars,and Danish cookies can be pre-ordered in large quantities for catering orders and gifting.
- Products contain fish gelatine,so vegetarians take note.
- Order before 12:00 pm for next day delivery or self pick up.
|6. Food Village Takashimaya|
|Phone:||+65 6506 0500|
|Location:||391 Orchard Road, Ngee Ann City, Singapore 238873|
|Opening Hours:||10:00 am – 09:30 pm (Daily)|
The food court at Takashimaya, Ngee Ann City is an eclectic mix of local hawker favourites andinternational food stalls. You have a wide variety of options,whether you are looking for a dinner place or a lunch venue on Orchard. While considerably smaller than many other food courts on Orchard, Food Village at Takashimaya stands out for the quality of service and its affordable prices.
- Prawn noodles
- Roti Prata
- Oyster omelette
- No reservations taken.
- No delivery – only self pick-up and takeaway available from the Food Village outlets.
- Many of the stalls offer free samples,making it a fun venue to try out new dinner and lunch options.
|7. Curry Culture|
|Phone:||+65 6235 6133|
|Location:||31 Cuppage Road, Cuppage Terrace, Singapore 229457|
|Opening Hours:||12:00 pm – 02:00 pm / 05:30 pm – 10:30 pm (Daily)|
Tucked into a hidden alleyway, Curry Culture is one of the most popular Indian restaurants on Orchard Road. If you are ever stuck for something to eat on Orchard Road and are tired of the usual Chinese fare, check out Curry Culture for some authentic Indian treats. Customers rave about the butter chicken, Kashmiri pulao and paneermakhani.
- Kale channakitikki
- Chicken tikka
- Gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian options areavailable at Curry Culture.
- The restaurant recently launched multi-cuisine bento sets that are gaining popularity.
- Contact the team for catering options and menus.
|8. Merci Marcel|
|Phone:||+65 6736 2608|
|Location:||390 Orchard Road, 01-03 to 04 Palais Renaissance, Singapore 238871|
|Opening Hours:||08:00 am – 11:00 pm (Sun-Mon)
08:00 am – 00:00 am (Tues-Sat)
For a respite from the Asian and local offerings, head to Merci Marcel for the best Western food on Orchard. The restaurant has gained the reputation of being one of the best places to eat in Orchard thanks to its delicious sharing platters, traditional French recipes, and indulgent mains and desserts.
- French ratatouille
- Sea Bass ceviche
- Duck rillettes
- Impossible Marcel burger
- Vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options areavailable.
- Book in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Lots of fresh light, greenery, and cosy places to sit and eat. The restaurant has an all-day dining menu that is divided into breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea, coffees, and cocktails.
|9. Oriole Coffee + Bar|
|Phone:||+65 6238 8348|
|Location:||96 Somerset Road, #01-01 Singapore 238163|
|Opening Hours:||11:00 am – 10:30 pm (Mon-Thurs)
11:00 am – 11:30 pm (Fri)
10:00 am – 11:30 pm (Sat), 10:00 am – 09:30 pm (Sun)
Coffee shop by day, this Orchard Road cafe transforms into a stylish bar at night with house wines and an exclusive cocktail menu. The food is a mix of bar classics and comfort favourites,and the coffees are served up by trained baristas. Oriole Coffee is fast becoming an affordable foodie destination on Orchard Road.
- Jack’s apple ribs
- Bacon truffle mac n cheese
- Gulamelaka lava cake
- Smoked salmon benedict
- You can purchase the coffee beans used at Oriole as well as enjoy their coffees in-house.
- Subscribe to their newsletter to stay updated on offers and promotions.
- Offers on beverages change daily so check with your server.
|10. Hainanese Delicacy|
|Phone:||+65 6734 0639|
|Location:||#05-116 Far East Plaza, 14 Scotts Road, Singapore 228213|
|Opening Hours:||10:00 am – 08:00 pm (Tue-Sun), Mondays closed|
On the fifth floor of Far East Plaza, is one of the hidden food spots on Orchard Road – Hainanese Delicacy. Selling only two types of chicken rice along with soup, this eatery has been in business for over 30 years. Their chicken rice recipe has been touted as one of the most delicious on the island, and people flock from far and wide to indulge in this melt-in-the-mouth, flavourful dish.
- Roast chicken Hainanese rice
- Steamed chicken Hainanese rice
- Advance orders and table reservations can be made by calling the restaurant.
- If you are lucky, you may snag one of their in-house chilli sauce bottles, which are sold regularly at the shop.
|11. Bonding Kitchen|
|Phone:||+65 8860 9087|
|Location:||277 Orchard Road, #02-18 Orchard Gateway, Singapore 238858|
|Opening Hours:||11:30 am – 09:30 pm (Daily)|
Bonding Kitchen is Chef Danny Chew’s labour of love. This is his first restaurant in Singapore,and it offers the rare delicacies of Peranakan cuisine in a comfortable, modern setting. Chef Danny shows off his culinary skills and expertise in an open kitchen that allows diners to witness the complexities of this cuisine.
- Kueh pie tee
- Barramundi Assam pedas
- Gift vouchers areavailable in denominations of $50 and $100
- Small bites menu available between 03:00 pm and 05:00 pm
- Since all dishes are prepared from scratch, there may be a waiting period before you are served.
|12. Pistachio Middle Eastern and Mediterranean Grill|
|Phone:||+65 6262 6400|
|Location:||501 Orchard Road, #02-04/05, Wheelock Place, Singapore 238880|
|Opening Hours:||11:30 am – 03:00 pm / 05:00 pm – 09:30 pm (Daily)|
Check out the intriguingly named Pistachio Middle Eastern and Mediterranean Grill on Orchard Road for delectable Arabic cuisine. Chef KhaledElelimi and his team at Pistachio are trained in Ayurveda and the principles of good eating. As a result,the menu at the restaurant is chock-full of healthy meal options and nutritionally-rich ingredients.
- Shish Taouk
- Mediterranean shellfish stew
- Tomahawk beef steak
- Pistachio Middle Eastern is one of the few halal-certified eateries on Orchard Road.
- Dine-in timings are limited to 90 minutes per table.
- Certain items from the Chef’s Special Menu need to be pre-ordered 3 days in advance.
- If you are booking a table for more than 10 people, a deposit amount will be required to confirm the reservation.
|13. Window on the Park|
|Phone:||+65 6733 8333|
|Location:||11 Cavenagh Road, #02-00 Holiday Inn Singapore, Orchard City Centre, Singapore 229616|
|Opening Hours:||12:00 pm – 05:00 pm / 06:00 pm – 10:00 pm (Mon – Thurs)
12:00 pm – 05:00 pm / 06:00 pm – 10:30 pm (Fri-Sun)
With floor-to-ceiling windows that offer fabulous views and a bevy of trained chefs dishing out Singaporean and nternational menus, the restaurant is one of the most popular among the Orchard Road restaurants. Visit Windows on the Park for their vast buffets and popular high teas everyday.
- Chilli chocolate mousse
- Chicken satay
- Afternoon high tea buffet
- All food prepared in the kitchens of Window on the Park has been halal-certified by the MUIS.
- Buffet dining isavailable through the week and weekendsand a la carte options only available for weekday dinners.
|Phone:||+65 8683 3052|
|Location:||8 Grange Rd, #01-04, Orchard Cineleisure, Singapore 239695|
|Opening Hours:||11:00 am – 00:00 am (Daily)|
Gudsht is a buzzy bar and diner serving up authentic Japanese bar bites and meal boxes along with an inventive range of cocktails and bottled alcoholic beverages. To have a bar this centrally located and yet be affordable is truly a blessing for office goers and tourists in the area.
- Grilled Japanese scallops
- Premium bento box
- BBQ skewers
- Curry karaage don
- ID will be checked before buying / ordering at the bar. The minimum age of drinking in Singapore is 18 years.
- You can also buy alcohol by the bottle at Gudsht. It’s recommended that you live chat via the website to confirm availability and rates prior to your order pick up / delivery.
|15. Mrs. Pho House|
|Phone:||+65 9666 1357|
|Location:||391 Orchard Road, #B2-36A Takashimaya Shopping Centre, Ngee Ann City, Singapore 238872|
|Opening Hours:||11:30 am – 03:00 pm / 05:30 pm – 10:30 pm (Mon – Fri), 11:30 am – 10:30 pm (Sat-Sun)|
Mrs. Pho offers Singaporeans the best of both Northern and Southern Vietnamese cuisine. There are hot pots and barbeques to choose from as well as more exciting options such as plant-based menu items and crab bisque hot pot.
- Stir fried crab meat noodles
- Five spice butter quail
- Vietnamese coastal style salmon hot pot
- There are usually excellent lunch deals and buy 1, get 1 free offers at Mrs. Pho during the weekdays.
- Mrs.Pho’shot pots are served in the traditional binchotan giving them a unique smoky flavour and complex tastes
Are there only food courts and hawker stalls on Orchard Road?
There was a time when there were a lot more food courts and chain restaurants on Orchard,but all that has changed. Now, you are spoiled for choice with restaurants, bars,and cafes serving every cuisine possible and to suit any budget.
Is there nightlife at Orchard Road?
Never fear; there are a number of bars and dinner places on Orchard Road that stay open long after the shops and malls shut down for the day.
What’s the best way to get to Orchard Road if I want to plan a day of shopping and eating out?
While there are paid parking spaces at most malls on Orchard Road, the public transport system in Singapore is excellent. Orchard Road is a major tourist hub and is well-connected to all neighbourhoods in the city by metro, buses, and taxis.
The best food on Orchard Road can be found hidden in alleyways, tucked away in shopping malls, and served at unique cafes and restaurants all along this shopping stretch. Whether it is breakfast, lunch, or dinner you are after, there is the perfect foodie destination for you at Orchard Road. So, shop to your heart’s content, knowing fully well that you always have good food to look forward to.