The wooden houses built by farmers in Switzerland in the 14th century were called chalets. But the design was popularized by English and French travelers to this place.
The construction companies took over the concept in the later 20th century, introducing the luxury chalets in Singapore Island and other countries.
Now, in the current scenario, these unique spaces are used by families to spend vacations or to organize gatherings.
Singapore is a prominent tourist place and witnesses people from across the globe, who eventually start booking for chalets to spend quality time.
We have categorized the list of the most popular chalet bungalows in Singapore that are available for rent. They offer excellent facilities like private pools, BBQ pits, pet-friendly spaces, and much more.
|1. CSC @ Changi|
|Phone:||+65 6709 4709|
|Opening Hours:||Mon-Sun: 08.30 am – 06.00 pm|
CSC, or Civil Service Club, has accommodated an ample open space on the east coast of Singapore near the Changi village to form exotic chalets.
CSC @ Changi I covers about 23 suitable built-ups for parties and get-togethers. The place is eco-friendly and has earned the BCA Green Mark (Gold) award in 2019.
CSC @ Changi II is closely connected with Changi I and is a redesigned structure of Aloha Changi.
Types of Accommodation
- @ Changi I
- Single Suite: on the 4th level, 2 single beds
- Family Suite Plus: on the 3rd and 4th levels, double bedrooms
- Superior Villas: 3 bedroom, 2 storey
- Rooftop BBQ Pit
- @ Changi II
- Fairy Point: 1 room, 3 rooms, and units of 2 & 3 bungalows
- Yacht Club: 2 rooms, 3 rooms, and a complete unit
- Chalets: Changi Cottage, Changi Garden, and Changi Seafront
- Netheravon Terraces: Single-room units
- Al Capone’s
- Muslim Delight
- Kibar Japanese Grill + Bistro
- Ohana Beach House
- Swimming pools
- Playground, Asian detours, tennis courts, bowling, pools, gym, BBQ pavilion
- Banquet hall, Event hall, Seminar, and Function rooms
- The pools are available, but only CSC members and chalet guests can access them.
- You can organize events at concert halls available in various sizes.
- Glamorous food courts or restaurants where you can dine or organize birthday parties and wedding events with about 200 guests.
- Comfort yourself in the playing area.
“Changi chalet bungalows are spacious, elite, state-of-the-art, and comfortable for everyone. The facilities and favors are unmatched, especially for the CSC members. We organized a global corporate meet at Changi I, which was a remarkable experience for all of us. Our guests enjoyed their best and highly appreciated our hosting.”Suki
|2. National Service Resort & Country Club (NSRCC)|
|Phone:||+65 6542 8288, +65 6795 2300|
|Location:||Changi Coast Walk (Changi) and Neo Tiew Lane (Kranji)|
|Opening Hours:||Mon-Sun: 08.00 am – 08.00 pm|
NSRCC is a prominent golf and country club in Changi and Kranji area. It was launched as a SAFRA resort in 1994 but later commissioned for NSmen membership and renamed NSRCC.
It offers world-class facilities for staycations and events, and can provide sufficient space for a large group.
Types of Accommodation
- 2 storey chalet houses
- Each building has 2 fully air-conditioned rooms
- Fu Lin Men Chinese Restaurant
- Passion Cafe, Bistro Bowl
- Sky Bistro
- Fairway Cafe
- Rooms are fully equipped with essential equipment like tv, refrigerator, etc.
- 1 complimentary parking per chalet
- Swimming pool
- Fitness center
- Children’s play area, jackpot room, gallery, tennis court, bowling, karaoke, games room
- Sea sports center
- Family zone
- About 40 chalet bungalows are available for booking, which makes it a perfect place for a get-together.
- Celebrations, corporate lunches, or golf tournaments can be organized at multiple venues available, i.e. Changi (The Heron, Falcon, Corvette, Oriole) and Kranji (The Sanctuary I & II).
- Each unit can accommodate up to eight persons, and gives a stunning view of the golf course and Changi beach.
- Two free bowling games are allowed per day. There is full-time access to the swimming pool and fitness center.
“NSRCC’s location is on the far east coast of Changi, but the place is serene and captivating. The chalet bungalows are nicely designed and well maintained, while offering sufficient space for daytime gatherings among friends. I was invited to attend a birthday party, but checked out the golf course too, and I can say that they have done complete justice to the place.”Eric
|3. The Chevrons|
|Phone:||+65 6668 8896|
|Location:||Boon Lay Way (Jurong East)|
|Opening Hours:||Mon-Sun: 09.00 am – 12.00 am|
The Chevrons have 70 years of legacy as it was launched in 1951 by the British Armed Forces and was handed over to the Singapore government in 1971.
Later it was transformed from SAF NCO Club to NCO Corps, and finally received its current title and transferred to Jurong East in 2002.
Types of Accommodation
- Chalets: 2 bedrooms on the second floor, one dining and kitchenette area on the first floor, and a total of 2 toilets with a BBQ pit and washing area at the doorstep.
- Bungalow: 1 master bedroom with 3 other rooms on the second floor, 1 bedroom on the first floor, a total of 4 toilets and 1 BBQ pit.
- The Bistro
- The Vineyard
- Poolside Café
- Qi Xiang Hotspot
- Air-conditioned room with multiple beds
- TV, internet, and other electrical equipment
- Entertainment: Aviary, Darts & Pool Room,
- Sports: Swimming Pool, Gym, Boulder+
- A special place for children is available, sponsored by Sunflower school.
- An art school to enhance singing and dancing skills is sponsored by MADDspace.
- Military supplies and other equipment can be purchased from the Lifestyle Mart.
- A Spa & Wellness center by Atos wellness to rejuvenate body and mind.
“It is one of the most elegant and entertaining staycations, I have ever stayed in. The best part was the BBQ pit, designed next to the chalet. We stayed here during the winters, which became our best new year’s celebration. We spent most of our evenings at “The Vineyard” and enjoyed the drinks.”Albert
|4. Orchid Country Club|
|Phone:||+65 6755 9811|
|Location:||Orchid Club Road|
|Opening Hours:||Mon-Sun: 07.00 am – 10.00 pm|
It is primarily a golf club that started in 1993 under the NTUC club. It offers premium services in hospitality and leisure activities.
With continuous development in consecutive phases, the Orchid country club was formed to provide chalets on rentals along with other facilities and gameplay activities.
Types of Accommodation
- Deluxe Room: 44.8sqm size, 1 Queen and 1 Single Bed.
- Deluxe Family Room: 52.8sqm size, 1 Queen and 2 Single Beds.
- Deluxe Suite: 134.4sqm size, 1 King, 1 Queen and 1 Single Bed (2 bedrooms and 1 single room).
- 8 Degree – Aranda Lounge
- Ban Heng @ OCC
- Cucu Indo Corner
- Himawari Japanese Restaurant
- No. 3 Crab Delicacy Seafood Restaurant
- Par Lounge
- Passion Café @ Vanda Terrace
- Fu Lin Men Restaurant
- Royal Palm @ OCC
- 3 Orchid Golf Courses with 9 holes each (Aranda, Vanda, and Dendro).
- Here the driving range is 160 bays, the largest in Southeast Asia.
- Each room has a balcony facing toward the golf course.
- The rooms have all necessary electrical appliances with free Wi-Fi, IDD/STD telephone, a safe box, an electronic key card, and bedside room control.
- Free gym and swimming pool (Bunker, Fun, and Olympic pool) for all the members.
- Free parking for 2 cars per room.
- The country club has extensive reciprocal and access viability with more than 90 clubs across 20 nations.
“I would recommend OCC as the best chalet booking option in Singapore. They have ample space for you and your colleagues, along with the vehicles. I got the chance to attend my friend’s 25th marriage anniversary and simultaneously a corporate event from my company. It was a fabulous experience, as I enjoyed numerous meals from the food court and had my hand at the golf course too.”Jenny
|5. Gallop Kranji Farm Resort|
|Phone:||+65 6898 9228|
|Location:||Neo Tiew Lane 2|
|Opening Hours:||Mon-Sun: 09.00 am – 06.00 pm|
Gallop Kranji Farm Resort has established affordable chalet villas, spread over 50,000 sqm in the Northwest part of Singapore.
The visitors get to experience a farm stay at one of the 35 categorized houses. You can apply for a rental chalet bungalow through an online booking system. People prefer this staycation for its vast land that offers privacy and peace.
Types of Accommodation
- Standard Villa: 2 Single Bed
- Superior Villa: 1 Queen Size Bed
- Premier Villa: 2 Queen Size Bed
- Executive Villa: 1 Queen Size Bed, Jacuzzi, and Steam Room
- Family Villa: 4 Queen Size Bed, L-shaped Sofa, Dining Table, Kitchen with equipment
- SLS Vegetarian Café
- Putra Delicacies
- All the accommodations have air-cons, a balcony, a BBQ Pit, and complimentary toiletries.
- They facilitate a tour of the fruit and vegetable farm, herbal plantation farm, bottle koi feeding, and prawn fishing.
- A conference room is available for general meetings of up to 60 entries.
- Entirely vegetarian restaurants are available
- Halal food options are also available
- Outdoor play area for children
- Shuttle bus service for places like
- Bollywood Veggies (banana farm)
- Garden Asia (horticulture)
- Hay Dairy (Singapore’s only goat farm)
- Kranji Marshes (freshwater marshland with 10m tower)
- Buloh Wetland Reserve (ASEAN heritage park)
- Kranji Reservoir Park (scenery view)
- Quail Egg Farm
- Frog Farm
“It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience to stay at the Gallop chalet farms and experience the life around vegetation. We were born in urban areas and thought at least our children should know and understand the necessities of farming. They have created a rejuvenating environment, which helps to revive.”Joe
|6. Aranda Country Club|
|Phone:||+65 6584 6811|
|Location:||Pasir Ris Drive|
|Opening Hours:||Mon-Sun: 11.00 am – 10.00 pm|
Aranda Country Club was established in 1995, covering a vast area of 2 Lakh sq ft with a built area of approximately 32000 sq ft.
It was formed with the aim to organize recreational activities for a group of people or big families in a confined yet open space where they can relax and have a fun time together.
Types of Accommodation
- Executive Suits
- Luxuries Suits
- ASPA Homestyle Asian-Spanish tapas and Singapore’s First Claypot Paella
- Momley Loft
- Bait N Catch
- They have 38 rooms in 20 luxury suites of level 3, covering 1600 sq ft area.
- 2 AC rooms with a kitchen and 2 toilets in each chalet
- Electrical appliances and free internet connection are available
- A swimming pool, gym, reading room, barbeque pit, sauna, playroom, leisure, and boardroom are also provided.
- They regularly host events and trips for members to attend with their family and friends.
- The pavilion and The Apiary are two junctions with a large area to hold celebrations such as wedding parties.
- Children learning centers are also available in various categories
- Jewel Music Box: for karaoke and dancing
- Learning Jungle: toddler, pre-nursery, nursery, and kindergarten programs
- Mind Space: after school care
“Aranda Country Club is the perfect place for families to attend functions or spend long vacations. While we relaxed in the swimming pool, our children were entertained at the preschool centres. They found friends of their age and an atmosphere to learn a new culture while we spent quality time. It was fun!”Lisa
|7. Swiss Club|
|Phone:||+65 6591 9420|
|Location:||Swiss Club Road|
|Opening Hours:||Mon-Sun: 10.00 am – 08.00 pm|
The list of best chalet resorts in Singapore is incomplete without the Swiss Club. It is a 150 years old club with its foundations laid back to 1871 as the Swiss Rifle Shooting Club with a 300m range.
These chalet bungalows are surrounded by lush green forests and age-old trees. But they ensure the safety and security of its freely roaming guests in this environment-friendly place.
Types of Accommodation
- Suite: 1 King Size Bed
- Deluxe Rooms: 2 Single Beds
- Family Suite: 1 King Size Bed, 2 Single Beds
- Arbenz – Fine Dining
- Pergola – international Cuisine
- Jungle Cove – Poolside Cafe
- Wine Orders
- Free Wi-Fi, TV, fridge, and hair dryer are complimentary with all the rooms.
- A tennis court, padel court, football field, gym, playground, indoor play area, jungle zip line, and many other game corners are available.
- Both adults and children can learn and enjoy various sports like tennis, soccer, basketball, swimming, mahjong, and trekking.
- Body fitness and training centers such as yoga, taekwondo, karate, and vivokids are also provided.
- Rifle Lounge is an available space that can be acquired for private events.
“The location of Swiss Club chalet bungalows makes it a favorite for many jungle enthusiasts like me. The price quoted is justified as they offer multiple activities for indulgence and rejuvenation. Loitering around the trees in solace and spending time in the game zone with kids is an unforgettable experience.”Leo
Frequently Asked Questions
How to book a chalet in Singapore?
It is undeniably true that the daily hustle of the urban areas calls people for a staycation far from the regular city life and is more relaxing. Spending quality time in chalet bungalows in Singapore is a suitable option.
It is quick and easy to book a chalet by visiting the webpage of the respective chalet company, which you can choose from your research, recommendation, and reviews.
You can connect with the support team and share your requirements, for which they can suggest better options.
Check out the photographs, services, and facilities provided by them to avoid discrepancies later. Once you are satisfied, share your documents, and book the place with specific check-in and check-out dates, and some occupancies.
How much does it cost to book a chalet in Singapore?
Chalets are generally considered expensive rental places for staying on vacations. But the fact is that they offer uncountable complementary services in one place and are a lot more relaxing than a regular hotel stay.
Depending upon the company, type of accommodation required, and facilities, these chalets can cost between S$200 to S$500 in Singapore on a per night basis. Charges for hosting events, food & beverages, and any extra services opted are excluded from this amount.
Should you stay in a hotel or a chalet in Singapore?
It may not be an ideal question to ask yourself while coming to Singapore because while planning a trip, you already have a purpose at the back of your mind.
The outing in Singapore can be due to a corporate meeting, a short or long vacation, or to attend an event. Hence, depending on your plan, you can choose between a hotel stay or a chalet stay.
In general, if you are here for a business purpose, you may prefer to stay in a hotel close to the corporate areas. But if you are coming with a free mind, probably with your family, then chalets are the best options.
What Should You Bring Before Coming to a Chalet in Singapore
Though it seems fascinating to plan for a vacation in the chalet, you do not really need to make specific preparations for it.
All you need to do is pack your bags with the necessary items. Here is a list for consideration.
- Keep a check on the number of bags, such as laptop bags, backpacks, and luggage.
- Toiletries that can be specific for men, women, and kids.
- Regular medicines and first aid.
- Wearables like nightwear, casuals, sportswear, and swimwear.
- Keep your additional accessories like gadgets, goggles, etc.
- Be particular about your documents.