The people of Singapore lead fast-paced, hectic lives and often suffer from depression, anxiety, anger, and other such problems. These are curable mental diseases, and an individual must seek help from a nearby psychologist in Singapore for necessary treatment.
They are skilled therapists who apply multiple techniques like counseling or behavioral and cognitive psychotherapies and sometimes medications under their guidance. These methodologies are essential to recognize and treat the problems.
There are unique cases of mental health conditions, and accordingly, there are therapists with specific specializations to deal with such unique situations.
Positive redevelopment through a recognized therapist is imperative for our mindsets, and for this, we have listed the most popular and experienced psychologists in Singapore.
|1. Annabelle Psychology|
|Phone:||+65 8202 3385|
|Working Days/ Hours:||Mon – Fri: 09.00 am – 6.00 pm, Sat-Sun: Off|
A large group of mental health specialists is a part of this organization to work with Dr. Annabella, the chief psychologist, and provide therapy to adults, children, couples, and families.
These clinicians are registered with one or more accrediting professional membership bodies such as the Singapore Psychological Society, American Psychological Association, Australian Psychological Society, and Psychology Board Ahpra.
- Women’s health: A holistic approach to work on daily-life concerns in a judgment-free environment.
- Couples and Families: It helps improve communication in a relationship and resolve conflicts between families.
- Psycho-legal services: They provide evidence-based, neutral, and professional expert opinion and have experience in Family Justice Courts Singapore.
- Child psychology: Occupational therapy, Speech Therapy, and IQ & Educational Assessments.
- About 24 luxurious therapeutic clinics in Singapore provide comfortable and soothing spaces for patients.
- Between $200 – $350 are charged fees for a one-hour session.
- Their clinical interests include personality disorder, trauma, abuse, stress, anxiety, neurodevelopment, OCD, and more.
- They support kids in developing and boosting their social and cognitive skills.
- They are a group of 22 clinicians, 13 support teams, and five advisors.
“I felt deeply relieved and relaxed after visiting one of the therapeutic centres for counseling sessions. It was a mind-blowing experience, and talking to Dr. Annabella was like sharing my problems with a family member.”Susan
|2. Impossible Psychological Services|
|Phone:||+65 9099 9081, +65 9688 2790|
|Address:||360A JooChiat Rd, Singapore 427605|
|Working Days/ Hours:||Mon – Fri: 09.00 am – 5.30 pm
They specialize in physiotherapy and couple therapy and work collaboratively with the clients until they feel comfortable handling the situation.
The psychologists at Impossible Psychological Services use well-researched therapeutic methods, particularly Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Choice Theory and Reality Theory (CTRT), Schema Therapy, and Systematic Family Therapy.
- Adult Mental Health: individual counseling to treat longstanding issues.
- Couple Therapy & Marriage Counselling: helps to understand the problem and improve the relationship.
- Child and Adolescent Service: assists the age group of 8 – 18 years.
- Psychological Assessment: to understand psychology and challenges faced by an individual.
- Corporate services: psychology sessions in organizations to improve productivity, morale, and teamwork.
- Fees charged for a 60-minute session of an individual are between $150 – $240.
- During the assessment, they cover intellectual disability, giftedness, learning disorders, like dyslexia or dyscalculia, and personality.
- Therapeutic use of art as therapy to enhance healing and mental illness.
- For counseling children, they collaborate with teachers, parents, and other concerned persons in their life.
“My husband and I were not content in our marriage. So a friend suggested consulting with Julia Fong at ImPossible clinic. It was highly relaxing for both of us. She took one individual session for both of us, followed by a joint session, and things were resolved slowly. Now I understand my husband better.”Olivia
|3. Scott Psychological Centre|
|Phone:||+65 6733 8919|
|Address:||360 Orchard Rd, #10-10 International Building, Singapore 238869|
|Working Days/ Hours:||Mon – Fri: 09.00 am – 6.00 pm
Sat: 09.00 am – 3.00 pm
They specialize in treating ADHD and developmental trauma and encourage clients to move a step ahead for recovery from psychotherapy and counseling.
The psychologists here help to recover through multiple health conditions using CBT, EFT, EMDR, Life Management, Stress Management, and many more therapeutic techniques.
They are registered with associations like the Singapore Psychological Society and have administered health insurance.
- Treatment for anxiety and depression through psychotherapy.
- Counsel in stress, pain, and anger management.
- Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder diagnosis and treatment.
- Resolving child behavioral and emotional issues.
- Neuropsychological disorder.
- Psycho-educational assessment.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder treatment.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder treatment.
- They do career counseling for youngsters and also help deal with learning difficulties.
- Fees charged for a one-hour session are $240 per person.
- Support the Third Culture Kids in their social and emotional well-being to make them realize cultural intelligence.
- They administer the Wechsler intelligence scale for children – fifth edition (WISC-V) to evaluate their cognitive abilities.
- The counselors help recover from stress caused due to infidelity by the partner.
“Dr. Brian Scott has sound practical knowledge about the subject. He gives sufficient time to explain the problem. I visited the clinic for four or three sessions during the stressful moment of a family dispute, but he handled and caressed me carefully.”Crystie
|4. The Therapy Room|
|Phone:||+65 6467 8903|
|Address:||Orchard Shopping Centre, 321 Orchard Rd, #08-01, Singapore 238866|
|Working Days/ Hours:||Mon – Fri: 09.00 am – 5.00 pm
Sat: 09.00 am – 1.00 pm
The Therapy Room takes pride in its psychologists and psychotherapy techniques. The centre has received several awards & appreciation from recognized organizations in Singapore for its services.
TTR is headed by Geraldine Tan, who holds a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from California, and a Master’s in Applied Psychology from Singapore.
She is also an active member of the Crisis Response Network (CRN), William Glasser Institute (WGI), and the American Group Psychotherapy Association (AGPA).
- Therapeutic interventions for adults and children dealing with autism, ADHD, marital issues, palliative support, antenatal and parental support, addictions, grief management, etc.
- Psychological tests to evaluate personality, intelligence, forensic, career, achievement, and adaptiveness.
- They also form process groups.
- TTR Hubs and TTR Classrooms.
- Professional development workshops for clinical professionals
- Workshops and classroom sessions for supervision of stress management, work-life balance, incident stress, CBT, etc.
- Therapies used are Choice and Reality (CTRT), Cognitive Behavioral (CBT), and Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR).
- More than 20 years of experience in the field.
“I was looking for a therapist near me to counsel my child who was facing issues in learning subjects. Dr. Tan is a specialist in child psychology who uses unique methods for the interests of children and counsels them for a better response towards studying.”Seon
|5. The Psychology Clinic|
|Phone:||+65 6970 5611|
|Working Days/ Hours:||Mon – Fri: 09.00 am – 8.00 pm
Sat: 09.00 am – 5.00 pm
Their vision is to help people overcome their life troubles and feel empowered and cared for. To enhance trust with the client, they ensure to provide a separate and safe space where they can open up emotionally.
There is a team of eight psychotherapists, psychologists, nutritionists, counselors, and hypnotherapists. The clinic is also featured in SME500 Singapore Award, Best In Singapore, and Media One.
- Children (6 – 12): counseling and behavioral interventions for treating mental health issues in a secure space and addressing issues like autism, anxiety, low-esteem, bullying, etc.
- Teenagers (13 – 19): helps in the transition phase of youth with counseling, interventions therapeutic processes, and addresses anxiety, aggression, grief, communication, etc
- Adults (20+): psychological interventions address issues relating to anger management, addiction (drinking, smoking, gaming), emotional regulation, social challenges, stress, etc.
- Relationships and Families: counseling to resolve conflicts and other issues.
- Screening assessment reports are available.
- Therapy modalities include mindfulness-based techniques, life coaching, hypnobirthing, talk therapy, etc.
- They provide a confidential and safe space for counseling at affordable rates.
- Personality development workshops with associate entities like The Hypnosis Clinic, School of Speaking, and School of Clinical Hypnosis.
“The Psychology Clinic has professional specialists in multiple sectors to understand variable issues of an individual and provide them with an optimum solution using therapies to help resolve all the problems.”Maria
|6. The Centre For Psychology|
|Phone:||+65 6733 2893|
|Address:||491B River Valley Rd, #04-01, Valley Point, Singapore 248373|
|Working Days/ Hours:||Mon – Fri: 10.00 am – 5.00 pm
Sat: 09.30 am – 2.00 pm
They started to provide psychology services in 2005 from Camden Medical Centre and later shifted to Valley Point. With continuous experience, the centre has added more experts to address multiple issues, and patients from local areas, as well as neighboring countries, pay regular visits.
The staff members are well trained and follow ethical and professional standards maintained by APA, APS, AAMFT, BPS, and SPS.
- Physiotherapy and counseling: help to deal with phobias, depression, eating disorders, anger, assertiveness, procrastination, abuses, etc.
- Education psychologist: helps enhance confidence in students with consultation, assessment, and developmental programs.
- Art Psychotherapy: under-trained clinical art therapists for growth and healing.
- Family and marriage therapy helps resolve conflicts and relationship issues.
- ASD & Asperger’s Syndrome Intervention: separate programs for all age groups to identify and work on the issues.
- Psychological Assessments: use upgraded tools and methodologies to identify the issues
- Employee Assistance Programs to optimize wellness and productivity by resolving issues.
- Training Programs: customized on-site training programs for NGOs, hospitals, schools, and other training centres.
- Support expatriates to deal with issues of a new environment.
- Conduct workshops to cover multiple issues like 12-step recovery, public speaking, workplace stress, bereavement, leadership, harassment, and much more.
“I attended the autism early intervention program organized by The Centre For Psychology, and the experience was enlightening. I feel worried about my child, but visiting this session helped me to understand my child and the ways I can help him for betterment.”Marie
|7. The Adelphi Psyche Medicine Clinic|
|Phone:||+65 6733 2893|
|Address:||#04-32, The Adelphi, 1 Coleman St, Singapore 179803|
|Working Days/ Hours:||Mon–Sat: 10.00 am – 7.00 pm
The clinic is operated from a building named “Adelphi,” which means oneness or universal brotherhood. The psychiatrists and therapists here possess significant experience handling leadership roles in civil services and restructured hospitals.
Dr. Sue Anne Han was awarded for psychology and neuropsychology in 2021 in the Global Health Asia Pacific. She has demonstrated excellence in patient care towards patients with innovative and progressive approaches.
- Court Report and Forensic Psychiatry: treatment of offenders, consultancy and specialist reports for specific courts, liaison with lawyers and mentally ill offenders, and mental capacity assessment for wills.
- Clinical Consultancy and Therapy: clinical consultation, stress, adjustment, traumatic stress, grief, and depression
- They provide healthcare assessments for everyone while specializing in psychotherapy and medico-legal-related issues.
- They offer mental capacity assessments to working adults, children, teenagers, the elderly, NSF & NS men in the Military, offenders with mental disorders,
- Psychological tests, laboratory investigations, and specialist psychiatric reports are provided for courts, SAF medical boards, and insurance-related issues.
- Despite the soothing environment at the clinic, the patients are charged with affordable rates, except for the first consultation and psychotherapy session.
“This was the first time I felt the need to seek a psychiatrist near me, but I was not expecting to meet such an understanding man as Dr. John. He comforted me and motivated me in my bad times. He took some tests with assessment reports to analyze the problem. I am now a successful entrepreneur.”Jacky
|8. SACAC Counselling|
|Phone:||+65 6733 9249|
|Address:||09-04 Thong Teck Building, 15 Scotts Road, Singapore 228218|
|Working Days/ Hours:||Mon-Sat: 08.00 am – 9.00 pm
Sun: 09.00 am – 5.00 pm
SACAC Counselling is highly preferred by MNCs, schools, universities, and local offices for Employee Assistance Programs and Crisis Response Services.
They have been improving mental health since 1973. One of the prominent factors of this counseling centre is that they have a large team of specialists from different cultures and can support more than thirteen languages like English, Hindi, French, Italian, Mandarin, etc.
- Individual Counselling and Psychotherapy sessions for adults to address multiple issues.
- Confidential relationship counseling for couples to resolve the difficulties between them.
- Help children in adolescence (2.5 – 11) with social, emotional, and developmental challenges.
- Help families overcome stress, trauma, anger, and conflict situations, using structured communication and understanding.
- Psychometric/ diagnostic assessments and personality tests to identify core issues in a child’s behavior. It helps teachers and parents to understand ways to support them.
- Employee Assistance Programs provide emotional support and wellness services through workshops and assist HR departments.
- Administrative support in EAP is provided 365 days, including Sundays, except public holidays.
- More than 28 counselors and psychotherapists are available from diverse cultures.
- The critical response team has experience in dealing with cases related to suicides, assaults, layoffs, natural disasters, and illness or death of family members.
“My appointment was booked with Dr. Julia. She is extremely good at understanding emotions and keeps patience to listen to every bit of the story. Through counseling with her, I managed to control my anger and learned to grow as a mature person.”Nicole
Frequently Asked Questions:
What to expect on the first visit to a Psychologist in Singapore?
Specialists usually assess the patient to find out their concerns with a background about the problem. They ensure to maintain the privacy of information shared by an individual or couple. And accordingly, will plan the therapy sessions and workshops required to resolve the issue.
When should I visit a psychotherapist in Singapore?
There has been much research conducted by authorized research centres like American Psychological Association (APA) on this subject. It has been found that if a person feels helpless or stuck in a situation or cannot mentally cope with trauma, then they urgently require professional help from psychologists and psychotherapists.
There can be many such emotional indicators depending upon the age group and associated troubles, and that’s why one needs to visit a psychiatric clinic for the best help.
What is the average fee for psychotherapy and counseling in Singapore?
Psychologists in Singapore usually charge fees on a per-session basis, where each session is about 60 – 90 minutes long. Some may charge extra on the first visit or an appointment out of the regular time slots. The average cost of a counseling or psychotherapy session in Singapore ranges from SGD180 to SGD260.
How to Consider a Psychologist for Treatment in Singapore?
Human psychology is a vast subject that requires deep knowledge with relevant experience to sufficiently understand the social, emotional, or behavioral concerns of a person.
It is essential to find a suitable therapist who can perfectly deal with an individual’s situation and advise him for further upliftment. One or more of the following points can be considered while getting to a psychologist or psychotherapist.
- You might have any specific issues in your life. So, you can separately call one of these specialists near you and talk to them about your problem. The conversation may help you decide the best option.
- If you have some doubts, you can verify the name of any specialist on the Singapore Psychologist Society website.
- Your regular Singapore physician may also recommend some names of experienced psychotherapists that may relate to your problem.