Nutritional deficiencies and the digital revolution are compositely responsible for spectacles on the human eyes. But young boys and girls in Singapore seem quite curious about the latest fashion in lenses and eyeglasses.
Initially, these were taken as an indication of weak eyes. However, the new generation is aware of eye care necessities and accepts them as a facial accessory.
For example, the traditional dark black frames were once outdated by youngsters. But now they have become a trending frame, and one of the variant styles available.
We have brought a curated list of the best optical stores of Singapore prescribed by optometrists. These shops are high-rated by customers, and sell exclusive quality eyewear products for all age groups.
|Contact Number:||+65 6222 0588|
|Location:||outlets in Ion Orchard, Bugis Junction, Suntec City, Nex, Jurong Point, etc.|
|Working Hours:||Mon-Sun: 10.00 am – 07.00 pm|
Own days is both an online and offline optical store that has more than 30 outlets in Singapore. They claim to capture maximum footprints from both online and local stores.
But this is not all about their success, as they have international outlets in about 12 countries, including India, Japan, Australia, UAE, Malaysia, etc.
- They offer a simple pricing system to their customers where they charge for just the frame and lenses, irrespective of the power prescribed.
- The company guarantees to provide the best quality lens for specs with a high index aspheric that minimizes visual distortion.
- The purchase is made quickly and efficiently by making the glasses ready in just 20 minutes.
- The glasses are lightweight and durable.
- They provide spectacle frames for men, women, and kids, manufactured by their in-house artist, essentially by hand.
- Reading glasses and sunglasses are available at a fixed price.
- 2-in-1 frames to carry spectacles and sunglasses together.
- Accessories like spectacle cases, chains, and ear hooks are available in attractive designs, with cleaner and cloth.
- The staff is experienced with multilingual abilities and professional skills.
- They offer a one year warranty on the lens with free-of-cost adjustments in degree for the first time.
- They also accept spectaclesre placements even if they are purchased from other stores.
“I purchased my first prescribed glasses from Ownday last month and the experience was wonderful. The store has quite a number of stylish frames at affordable prices, while the behavior of staff members was friendly and patient.”Alen
|Contact Number:||+65 6250 5604|
|Location:||Multiple outlets in Funan, Ion Orchard, Orchard Central, ITE, etc.|
|Working Hours:||Mon-Sun: 11.00 am – 10.00 pm|
Zoff optical store was launched in 2001 with evolved and revolutionary ideas about eyewear, such as affordable glasses with a variety of style, shapes, and colors.
The company started off in Japan, and currently owns about 200 optical stores in Japan, Singapore, China, and Hong Kong. They have plans for the next 100 years to bring eyeglasses to the center stage.
- They claim to complete the order of glasses within 30 minutes.
- Customers are allowed to try out any number of frames before ordering.
- Their craftsman team works in factories located in China, Japan, Korea, France, and Italy. They work in collaboration to produce the Japanese spirit of elegant products.
- They offer multiple lens options such as transition, progressive, PC and UV reduction lens.
- These are some of the most popular products: UV clear sunglasses, PC Pack blue light glasses, Disney collection for kids, night & day, and on.
- The company regularly offers fresh designs, and puts new spectacle frames on display, twice a month.
- Lenses for frames are supplied by the world’s largest manufacturer. It is a high-quality product with features like scratch resistance, and UV protection.
- Zoff U-15 allows children below 15 can replace their lenses on prescription, any number of times within a year of purchase.
“I am delighted with my first experience at Zoff. Jane took the eye test accurately and suggested titanium frames with a blue light filter thin glass lens that is best for weak eyesight. It is a trusted brand from Japan that offers stylish specs with a warranty.”Xin
|3. Oblique Eyewear|
|Contact Number:||+65 9118 2433|
|Location:||Former Cathay Building|
|Working Hours:||Mon-Sun: 12.30 pm – 09.00 pm|
Oblique Eyewear is a recognized and awarded optical store. It has been featured by Asia One, The Straits Times, City Nomads, The Smart Local Singapore, and many other relevant media houses.
They offer the latest frame design at affordable prices, and deliver better materials with technologically advanced quality within a reasonable time frame.
- Prescription lenses are available in multiple categories, such as PC, high index, photochromatic, tinted, etc.
- A plastic multi-coated lens is available at the lowest price.
- There is a team of optometrists for professional eye tests at the store.
- The spectacle frames are available in steel, acetate, thermoplastic, hybrid, and titanium.
- Sunglasses can be purchased in many colors and shapes.
- They also provide contact lenses from the most popular brands, like Bosch & Lomb, Seed, Cooper vision, Acuvue, and Geolica Holicat.
- They offer free product delivery within Singapore.
- The advanced system ensures clear vision and aesthetics to the customers.
“This shop is located near my house in Singapore, and my father has been their old customer. We recently shifted to Hong Kong, but my father trusts the service quality of Oblique Eyewear, and wanted his new glasses to be purchased from there. I ordered the glasses after checking out on the website. The whole process is swift, efficient, and reliable.”John
|Contact Number:||+65 9722 2210|
|Location:||Funan Mall, Citylink Mall, Suntec City, Junction 8, etc|
|Working Hours:||Mon-Sun: 11.30 am – 09.00 pm [Slight Variation Store wise]|
Without saying, Lenskart is a renowned eyewear brand. They have seven optical shops in Singapore and cover more than 900 stores in India, Dubai, and Singapore.
There is a dedicated mobile application for trying out glasses online and making orders, which takes about 5-10 days for delivery.
- There is a return and exchange policy for two weeks after purchase.
- The 3D Try On facility enables capturing multiple facial expressions and movements, which helps decide a best-fit frame by sitting at home.
- The Blu Lens technology prevents the harmful effects of blue light from screens.
- Sunglasses and eyeglasses in unique styles and fittings are available for men and women of all age groups.
- Accessories like magnetic clip-ons, chains, cases, and cleaners are available.
- The contact lenses can be purchased with valid prescriptions and eye health assessments.
- They design, produce, and deliver self-manufactured products to ensure the best quality at the lowest price.
- The glasses are machine-made for accuracy up to three decimal places.
- Free eye checkups at every store by trained opticians.
- The Gold Card members receive special discount benefits for themselves, their families, and friends.
“Lenskart is among the best brands of the online optical store. I purchased three cute eyeglass frames and a pair of sunglasses from here, which got delivered in a week. It was a fabulous experience of trying out frames just by capturing my picture in 3D. The product and service quality is at par with the local stores.”Alice
|Contact Number:||+65 8874 2863|
|Location:||Commonwealth Drive, Pagoda Street, Changi City Point|
|Working Hours:||Mon-Sat: 12.00 pm – 09.00 pm
Foptics has three stores in the eastern, western, and central parts of Singapore. This optical shop was founded with the aim of providing stylish and affordable glasses, which they believed were missing in other brands.
Their growth in the market is quick and steady, and the team works in high spirits as they receive continuous positive reviews from satisfied customers.
- Under specific conditions, they also offer a warranty of six months on both the lens and frame, which will be repaired or replaced.
- The “Wear at Home Program” offers customers the opportunity to try three frames for seven days before purchasing them. Only delivery charges are requested, along with a refundable security amount.
- They offer online services around the world.
- Foptics has a specialized eyewear collection for kids with features like non-slipping, durability, flexibility, and fashionable.
- They are an official member of MSF as a healthcare institution, and have launched aBaby Bonus scheme to create a Child Development Account.
- Trendy glasses collection for all age groups.
- They accept prescriptions from other stores as well as up to six months old eye checks.
- Complimentary eye testing is offered with the purchase of products.
- Customers can also try the frames virtually on the website by clicking a picture.
“I like the soft attitude of the staff members at the Changi City Point Foptics store. I entered to get my old specs repaired, but they did not push me for a fresh sale. Instead, Brain explained to me how the older frame was damaged and not the right fit on my face. I eventually purchased a new frame after several trials.”Ben
|Contact Number:||+65 6224 2277|
|Location:||Mandarin Gallery (Orchard), Our Downtown Gallery (Shenton Way)|
|Working Hours:||Mon-Sat: 11.00 pm – 09.00 pm
O+ is a very old optical store and has been running successfully since 1985 in Singapore island. They currently have two shops with popular online showcasing as well.
They have a collaborative team of experienced craftsmen and designers who fulfill customers’ dreams and deliver classic eyewear at minimal price tags.
- They manufacture frames that fit a common face size, while every product listed online includes its measurements.
- The products can be returned by the customer within a month of purchase, and no reason is asked for it.
- They manufacture customized clip-ons with single sheet stainless steel and bend them by hand for the best fit.
- The materials used in the frames are made of acetate and metal.
- Most of the frames are in round and cat-eye shapes.
- Fashionable sunglasses and spectacles are available at affordable prices for both genders.
“I have been visiting this store with my father since my childhood days. They are reliable for professional service and the best quality products at affordable prices. With time, the team has worked to get stylish frames that resonate with the latest trend. I experienced this during my last month’s visit, which was almost after a gap of ten years.”Joana
|7. Eyecon Optical|
|Contact Number:||+65 9668 8027|
|Location:||Jalan Sultan (Textile Centre)|
|Working Hours:||Mon-Fri: 11.00 pm – 08.00 pm
The Eyecon Optical store was launched in 2004 to deliver the most acceptable and stylish frames for all age groups, which they claim as their unique selling point.
This store calong with its professional team, has been affiliated with the International Medical Consultancy and offers an integrated healthcare support service to hospitals in Singapore and Malaysia.
- They create glasses on an old prescription or even duplicate a new frame on the basis of the old frame.
- A complimentary visual acuity test is provided to ensure the correctness of the old prescription.
- Eyeglass adjustment and ultrasonic eyeglass cleaning to well-align the spectacles for visual comfort.
- They work with Korean, Italian, and Chinese designers to create the latest trendy designs in eyeglass frames in multiple styles and sizes.
- The frame style includes chic& retro, classic, casual, titanium, etc., starting with the most basic price range in the market.
- The lenses offered are photochromic, blue light filter, progressive, transition signature, and many more.
- The lens brands available are Kodak, Pentax, Crizal, and Hoya lenses.
- The staff members are professional yet friendly in behavior, and ensure to offer multiple options of premium-quality products that suit the personality of the customer.
- Along with eyeglasses, they also serve specific medical requirements.
“I felt satisfied with the numerous frame designs Eric showed to me that perfectly match my mood and style. My eyesight is weak and so I had to wear spectacles regularly. He advised me how I can stay comfortable, and enhance my looks with a variety of patterns at day and night time.”Frank
Frequently Asked Questions
Should you go to the optician or optometrist for weak eyes?
If it is the first time that you feel uncomfortable with your vision, then you need to go to an optometrist who can examine your eyes with specialized machines and tests.
Later, you will have to visit the optician with the prescription so that he can suggest suitable glasses and adjust them for you in the selected frame.
This is the basic difference between an optician and an optometrist that most people confuse.
When should you visit an optometrist?
This is where most people make mistakes when they avoid blurred visions for a long time. It badly affects their eyesight and ultimately increases the degree of the lens.
Anyone facing such difficulties should immediately make appointments with the best optometrist within reach. Even otherwise, the doctors recommend everyone to get regular eye checks at an interval of six months, especially for adults over 30 years of age.
Are prescriptions for contact lenses and eyeglasses the same?
Although, the technical purpose of both lenses and glasses is the same, which is to let you see clearly.
The general prescriptions are for eyeglasses, while your optometrist will provide you witha separate prescription for ordering lenses.
It is because of their basic difference, i.e., lenses are smaller and directly in contact with the eyes, while glasses are far apart. Therefore, they need a different prescription for corrective eyewear.
Is it safe to buy prescription glasses online?
Online stores are suitable for many people who find it difficult to visit multiple optical stores to check out and finalize a frame of their choice.
But what can actually go wrong while buying online is when you knowingly/ unknowingly provide them with an incorrect prescription. This can majorly affect your eyesight in a short time.
Therefore, it is suggested to visit a doctor first before going to the optical store.
How to Choose the Best Optical Shop for Buying Eyeglasses in Singapore
It is evident that eyeglasses have become an essential part of our lives, and more than 80% of the population has become dependent on them at some stage of life.
But what’s more important is to purchase the eyewear, whether spectacles, contact lenses, or even sunglasses, from relevant sellers or authentic stores.
Buying them irresponsibly may have harmful effects on your vision. Therefore, you must consider these points before ordering eyewear from an optical store.
- Check if they have an online presence where you can select your favorites from the product list.
- The shop should cover the relevant warranty period on its products.
- The lens brands and frame material should be durable and from credible makers.
- The technicians should be experienced, and it is best if they have an in-house optometrist.
- You can verify their service quality from feedback online and through other channels.